La Botte Doro, Leichhardt



Originally me and my husband were planning to have a Japanese dinner at Darlinghurst, but due to the road closure for Mardi Gras, we changed our plan. We were looking for a place to dine that could avoid the possible traffic and Leichhardt seems to be a good choice. So we took out our entertainment book and La Botte D'oro somehow caught my attention, maybe is the name. We made a call and asked whether we could still get a table for two, and the next thing I know we were on the way to our date with La Botte D'oro

When I saw the restaurant, I told my husband, "Seems like we made the right choice". The place was packed with people.

Believe it or not, we ordered a large pizza as entree and two mains for the both of us. The pizza was really good, the base is thin, the crust is crispy and most importantly the topping is really moist, as you can see it from my photos the cheese is soft and melting.  I was totally carried away by it!

Petrini (Tomato, mozzarella, porcini mushroom & Italian sausage) $20

For main, I ordered the Fettucini Marinara and my husband ordered the Pollo Parmigiana. I found the fettucini tasted a bit bland and plain.

Fettucini Marinara (mixed seafood in tomato sauce) $18

The Pollo Parmigiana was covered in a layer of cheese and tomato sauce. It tasted pretty good, when I had my first bite I can smell the aroma of the white wine mixing well with the tomato sauce and the cheese.

Pollo Parmigiana (chicken breast topped with eggplant, tomato and cheese) $23

Complementary Vege from the restaurant


 
The service wasn't excellent, but maybe because it was such a busy time. I think the table beside us actually waited around 20 minutes before someone could take their desserts order and we found that the place is really noisy, I could hardly talk to my husband without raising my voice.

That evening, although the pasta is a disappointment, but I still went home feeling content and satisfied =)

No comments:

Post a Comment