Sinma Laksa House, Kingsford


When I’m at a Chinese restaurant having a hard time with chopsticks, I always hope that there’s a Chinese kid at an American restaurant somewhere who’s struggling mightily with a fork. ~Rick Budinich

Sinma Laksa House is probably my most visited restaurant in Kingsford. Having spent three and a half years living in Malaysia, Malaysian food has been a part of me. Sinma Laksa served varieties of Malaysian and Singaporean Hawker food, but of course without the heat and humidity. The interior of the restaurant do resemble a typical malaysian restaurant back there, especially with the Batik table cloths.


The food tasted really authentic, some of  my favourites here are the Penang char kway teow (fried rice noodle), Mamak mie goreng, fried turnip cake, prawn noodle soup and their 3 choices, where you pick 3 dishes of your choice with steamed rice. One of their famous dish there is the Singapore Chilli Mud Crab. Food is generally pretty good, serving is pretty big too. However don't expect a good service here, this is the kind of restaurant you walk in, make an order, pick up your own cutlery and water, enjoy your food and leave.

 3 choices with steamed rice (we picked chicken curry, green vege and soya pork)
Price with 3 curries $9.00
The curry chicken is really good, it's always one of our choice.

KL hokkien noddle 
(sorry I forgot the price but if I'm not mistaken, is $9.50)

I have lost count the total no of times I had this noodle, it's my favourite order in Sinma Laksa House, it cooked in a black sauce, with chicken and some seafood inside. The secret of this noodle is the deep fried pork fat pieces (also callede pork rind), although not really healthy for the body but it really defines the taste. 
I guess no harm to have it once in a while =p


Sinma Laksa House
3/391 Anzac Parade
Kingsford 2032
NSW
(02) 9313 7663




No comments:

Post a Comment