Today I made Stir fry japanese udon with chicken and scallop. This recipe is where Japanese meet Chinese, it actually mixes both Japanese and Chinese ingredients/sauces in the cooking. When you see the ingredients below you might think this recipe is too troublesome as you need to prepare so many stuffs, actually you can always add/opt out some of the ingredients I used.
When I cook, I tend to add a lot of ingredients and sometimes I just add them to clear the stuffs in my fridge. Trust me, this is a really simple and satisfying dish.
The measurement of this recipe is just an approximation and my measurement is enough to serve 3-4 people, so please do your own multiplication accordingly.
Stir fry udon with chicken and scallop
- 750 gm of Japanese Udon
- Scallops (amount you desired and you can change to prawns if you prefer)
- 2 chicken thigh fillet (chop to your desired size)
- 1 red capsium (Julienned)
- 1/2 carrot (Julienned)
- Enoki Mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1/4 of cabbage (shredded)
- A handful of bean sprouts (optional)
- A handful of fresh chives
- Cooking oil
Seasoning (Please adjust the sauces according to your taste):
- 2 tbsp Terriyaki Sauce
- 2 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Sweet(dark) soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine (Shao Xing)
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
1) Marinate the chicken in teriyaki sauce and set aside.
2) Blanch the udon over boiling water (make sure udon is not too soft) and drain. Set aside.
3) Heat up wok and add cooking oil. Fry the Scallop until it turns golden. Set aside.
4) Heat up some oil again and stir fry the chicken until cooked. Set aside.
5) Heat up some oil again and add in the red capsicums and carrots until tender, before turning off the heat add in the enoki mushroom and give it a quick stir. Dish up and set aside.
6) Heat up some oil again, add in the garlic and then add in the ingredients from (4) and (5). Add in the cabbage and bean sprouts. Give it a quick stir, and then add the seasoning sauce according to your taste.
7) Add in the udon, stir and mix well. Add sauces if required.
8) Toss in the chives, give it a quick stir and turn off the heat.
9) Dish up to serving plate/bowl and add the fried scallop on top.