"Happy and successful cooking doesn't rely only on know-how; it comes from the heart, makes great demands on the palate and needs enthusiasm and a deep love of food to bring it to life." (Georges Blanc)
I grow up eating my mum's homemade cooking. One of her great recipe is this steamed fish, it is so easy to cook and healthy at the same time. Actually this recipe is best with pomfret, but I just use fish fillet because is easier to eat and I was too lazy to go all the way to Chinatown to get it, but if you can, try cooking it with pomfret.
- 800 grams fish fillet
- 1 red onion (chop to desired size)
- 2 tomato (deseed and slice into desired size)
- Fresh ginger (sliced thinly, approximately twice the amount of the garlic)
- 5 garlic (chop to small size)
- bird eye chilli ( sliced thinly, amount is up to you, even if you can't eat too spicy, at least put a little bit, it really add the aroma to the steamed fish)
- 2 tablespoon soy bean paste (tauco)
- 2 tablespoon soya sauce
- Spread all the ingredients except the fish on a plate (make sure it's heatproof)
- Add the fish on top
- Add the sauce ingredients evenly
- Place the plate into a wok with full of water, or how you usually do your steaming.
- Steam until fish is cooked, the flesh should be white.
- Served with steamed rice.
Of course all the ingredients can be eaten, I didn't put it because I just want the dish to look more neat on photo.