Wagyu Beef Sausage Spaghetti


"No man is lonely eating spaghetti; it requires so much attention." (Christopher Morley)

I owe today's post to a friend (MT), who emailed me in the afternoon specifically to inform me the special discount on wagyu beef sausages at David Jones.  I was so excited that I went straight to David Jones after work, where I almost missed my stop because I was so immersed with an article in MX post about a $12,000 Louis Moinet watch that has dinosaur fossil in it. If this doesn't drop your jaw, how about a $320,000 limited edition that has fragments of dinosaur bones? 
Apparently, the release of this masterpiece has caused a scare buying all over the world among the watch enthusiasts.

Even though I didn't manage to score a $12,000 watch, but I did managed to bring home a $23 sausage treat. 
Every time I enter the gourmet world of David Jones Food Hall, I got so carried away with the varieties of food there, I could walk from aisle to aisle observing every single product on the shelves, section by section from the bakery to fine cuts of meat, the cheese counter, the fine olive oils to luxurious chocolates. The staffs are so polite, I feel shopping in there becomes an experience itself.

So I went up to the butcher and look for the wagyu beef sausages, there are so many types of gourmet sausages available. I bought 3 of the wagyu sausages  and I saw the mango and chicken sausage..."Interesting"....I bought 2 of these. I also bought a tomato jam ($15) which supposed to lavish the sausage even more. We'll see if it's as good as it looks. 

My bill came up to $23.77, not bad for a wagyu beef treat, so if you can't afford to have wagyu steak all the time, why not try the wagyu beef sausage? Afterall, they are still wagyu beef aren't they?  =D





 I decided to use the wagyu sausages to make pasta for dinner. So below you find the recipe for my "Wagyu Beef Sausage Spaghetti". 

First, I pan fried the sausages until it's golden (doesn't have to be totally cooked, as we will cook it again while preparing the pasta sauce) and I sliced it to smaller pieces.

I haven't tried the mango and chicken sausages yet, I'll try it over the weekend, will definitely share my thoughts with you guys on this then.



Ingredients:
- 3 Wagyu beef sausages (pan fried and sliced to smaller pieces)
- 3 Garlics (chopped)
- 1/2 green capsicum (sliced thinly)
- 1/2 red capsicum (sliced thinly)
- Small bowl of button mushroom (cut according to your preference)
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 1 tsp italian herbs
- 1 fresh tomato
- 1 cup of spaghetti sauce.
- A Handful of fresh oregano leaves
- 350 gm of spaghetti ( or pasta of your choice)
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
- Parmesan cheese (optional)

Method:
1) Heat up a large fry pan,  add in olive oil.
2) Saute the garlic until golden, add in the sausages, add in mushroom. Stir until mushroom darken a little bit then add in the green and red capsicums. Stir for 2 minutes until tender.
3) Add fennel seeds and Italian herbs, give a quick stir until fragrant. Add the chopped tomato and the spaghetti sauce. Cook for 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
4) Add in the fresh oregano leaves and give it a quick stir.
5) Meanwhile, cook your pasta until al dente. Drain.
6) Toss the sauce with the pasta and serve it.



My husband gave me one word after the dinner, "I-chi-ban" (in english means first or number one), I guess he was just trying to say  it's good.

I have to admit the wagyu beef was abit too salty for me, but the saltiness really compliment when cooked with pasta. I think I could handle more of these sausages, maybe I should go back to David Jones again.






4 comments:

  1. chiiii...this lookssss fantasticcc...i think i should try this....i'll go to david jones and get some wagyu sausages as well...is it tender? must beeee.....i'll try next week. Thanks for the recipeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's pretty good, but abit salty though, I think that's why they have that tomato jam, they do taste well together. The tomato jam is almost like sweet chilli sauce, with smoked flavour in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I am MT's friend. He recommended your blog to me cus we were talking about wagyu sausages and both of us are food lovers. It is the first time I read your blog, but love it. Your blog reminds me so much of the movie Julie and Julia. You are doing the same as Julie was doing in the movie. Recommend this movie to you, you would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there,

    Thank you for your kind comment =D
    Maurice did mentioned about you. We are going to organise dinner soon, hopefully to see you there too

    And thanks for the movie recommendation, will surely watch it soon! I've only heard good things about this show.

    ReplyDelete