Thai Chilli Chicken Basil

 

"One cannot  think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well". (Virginia Woolf)

My friend (AL) requested that I post some recipes on my blog. So here is my first recipe on Mydatewithfood. My cooking tend to be a quick and easy one, so it suits people that doesn't have much time on hand to prepare for their meal but still want something tasty.
I had the similar dish from one of the Thai restaurants before (can't recall which one exactly), so I try to make my own version at home.

But please note that I don't have exact measurement for the recipe, when I cook I tend to estimate and try first then I add more if it's not enough. But I will provide an approximation on this recipe. You can always add or put less according to your taste preference.
Since there's no undo button in cooking, I suggest add in small amount first and then add more if it's not enough.

You will first need to prepare the chilli paste. This chilli paste recipe is very handy to use. It can be used for a lot of different recipes too. I pre-made mine and stored in the freezer. It could be stored in the freezer up to 3-4 months.



  
 
Chilli Paste recipe:
Ingredients:
- A Hand full of red chillies (if you can't eat too spicy then it's better to use the big red chillies, but if you like spicy then you can add more small chillies)
- 1 tomato
- 1 red onion
- 5 garlic cloves

Method:
1. Blend all the ingredients in blender.
2. Heat the wok, add approximately 8 tablespoon of oil and with low fire cook the chilli paste until it fragrant.
3. Ready to be used in cooking.


Thai Chilli Chicken Basil recipe:
-400 Gram chicken mince
-1 Tomato
-1 Red onion (if you are not a big fan of onion, you can opt this one out)
-Half bunch of fresh basil leaves.
-2 tablespoon cooking oil
- A quarter slice of fresh lime 
- 4 tablespoon of pre-made chilli paste (please put less if you think you can't handle spicy)

Marinate:
3 tablespoon sweet soya sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 tablespoon fish sauce
1/2 tablespoon soya sauce

  

  

 

METHOD:
1. Marinate the chicken mince while you are preparing the other ingredients
2. Cut tomato into bite size pieces and set aside.
3. Cut red onion into bite size pieces and set aside.
4. Pick the basil leaves out of the stem and set aside.
5. Heat the wok and add in the oil. Add in chilli paste and stir fry for a while (approximately one minute). Add in the tomato and onion piece, stir for 3 minutes. Add in the chicken mince, stir until the chicken is cook, try if taste is enough, if it's not sweet enough then add sweet soya sauce, if it's not salty enough add more fish sauce, but if you don't like the fishy smell of fish sauce, you can add more soya sauce. When the taste is enough, add in the basil leaves, stir until it soften. Squeeze in the fresh lime. Give it a quick stir and Dish out.

This recipe is so delicious! The aroma of the basil is heavenly.
Serve it hot with steamed rice. 
The only thing to be aware of! "Don't cook too much rice",coz you will probably end up finishing all of it =). 

AL, Happy cooking!







3 comments:

  1. Yum!! More recipes please! Thx for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lenny, thanks for sharing this! can't believe I can make this lovely dish myself too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuuummm yuuummmm...can I have some pleaseeeee?? Come to melbourne and we can cook yummy food together...=)

    ReplyDelete