“My idea of heaven is a great big baked potato and someone to share it with.” (Oprah Winfrey)
Still on my truffle fever, I came up with this Truffle Potato Souffle recipe. It's just another affordable way to enjoy truffle. Thanks for my friend (Sydney Indulgence) that gave me the idea of baking potatoes with truffle oil. It's ridiculously easy to make, the truffle oil is a great alternative to add that exceptional earthy flavour to the potatoes.
I found that truffle goes really well with cheese too, the flavours of the two really complement each other.This simple potato and cheese dish is perfect as an entree, breakfast or just as snack/light eat.
Truffle Potato Souffle ( Serves 3)
- 3 desiree potatos (sliced thinly)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup full/light thickened cream
- Melted butter
- Truffle oil
- Parmesan Cheese/grated cheddar
- Mix a little truffle oil with the melted butter.
- Mix egg and thickened cream. Whisk until combined.
- Brush the souffle dish with the truffle butter.
- Pre heat the oven on 160 celcius.
- Layer 2 slices of potatoes and brush with the truffle butter, sprinkle some parmesan/grated cheese on top and add in the egg mixture. Repeat until souffle dish is full. Add more parmesan/grated cheese on top.
- Place the potatoes in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and puffy.