Japanese Crispy Curry Chicken


This is my second Japanese meal for the week and this doesn't include my sushi for lunch. There's never too much Japanese food for me.  So I decided today is Japanese curry day. I consider Japanese curry a healthier and milder version. For me, Japanese curry rice is an excellent comfort food. The sweet, rich and creamy flavour that blended perfectly with the rest of the ingredients. It's an addiction that doesn't leave me for long, after eating it I wish I could eat it again.

And this time I prepared some crispy chicken fillets to go with the curry. This chicken is inspired by Not Quite Nigella's Crunchy Southern "Deep Fried" Chicken.  There's something about using cornflakes in cooking that always catch my interest. I knew instantly I had to try this recipe. but instead of using chicken wing, I used chicken fillet and I didn't follow all the ingredients in her recipe.

As always, I like to finish my cooking fast, so I pan fried my chicken first before covering them with the flour and cornflakes. But I found this actually loses the flavour of the chicken. So if you have time, I suggest just grill the chicken raw, although it might take longer, but It will definitely keep the flavour in. And is up to you which part of chicken you want to use.



Cripsy Chicken with Cornflakes
Ingredients:
- 5 chicken thigh fillet
- A bowl of flour
- 2 eggs
- A handful of chopped Parsley (If you can't find fresh, just used the dried one)
- 3-4 cups of cornflakes (or just enough for your chicken)
-  Black pepper
-  Salt



Method:
1) You can either pan fry your chicken first or you can skip this step.
2) Pre heat oven 180C and line baking trays with parchment.
3) Place flour in shallow plate with salt and pepper.
4) Beat eggs in a bowl.
5) Place cornflakes in ziplock bag and bash the cornflakes until they quite crushed. Place in shallow plate, then add in the parsley.
6) Roll the chicken in flaour, then roll them in the beaten eggs then the cornflakes.
7) Place chicken on the tray and bake in oven for 15 minutes, take the chicken out and drizzle/spray abit of oil to the chicken. Put it back to the oven for another 5 minutes if you have pre cooked your chicken, otherwise bake until chicken is cooked.


The chicken was wonderful, it's crunchy on the outside but soft in the inside.
Perfect for snack too!


Japanese Curry Sauce
Ingredients:
- Japanese curry sauce mix ( block)
- 1 Carrot (bite size)
- 1 Potato (bite size)
- Half chopped onion

Method:
1) Saute onion over medium heat, add carrot and potato, cook for 5 minutes.
2) Add in water and  simmer until potato and carrots are cooked
3) Add in the Japanese curry cubes, stir until cubes dissolve. Add water if sauce is too thick.


Once the curry sauce is ready, pour over the crispy chicken.
You gotta try it to love it!


Oh, remember to serve warm with steamed rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment