"I want to have a good body, but not as much as I want dessert" ~Jason Love
The Perfect Pick Me Up
Tiramisu means 'pick me up' in italian. This most heavenly dessert is my All-time-favourite. It's so easy to make, everyone can make this in no time. There are many different versions of Tiramisu recipe available, I got this classic recipe from my friend (Karen) few years ago, I never turn to others since then. It's perfect, the cream is so light, combined with the mascoprone cheese, lady fingers, espresso and cream liqueur, it will be hard not to smile.
I did this Tiramisu few weeks ago but haven't got a chance to post it. Yesterday, my friend (Joyce) asked me for my Tiramisu recipe. So Joyce, here you go!
Please note: You might need to add more the amount of Irish cream liqueur and espresso. I usually have to use more than 1 cup. Also, the original recipe actually combines the Irish cream and espresso in a bowl, but I usually separate them and dip half of the sponge fingers into the Irish cream and half into the espresso.
-1 cup Irish cream liquer (eg.Bailey's)
-1 cup strongly brewed espresso
-500 g Mascarpone cheese
-3 Eggs (separated)
-4 tablespoon of castor sugar ( You can add less if you prefer less sweet)
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract/Essence
-250 sponger finger biscuits
1) Add the Bailey's Irish cream in a shallow dish. Set aside.
2) Add the espresso in a shallow dish. Set aside.
3) Mix the mascarpone cheese, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla extract, until it's well combines and smooth.
4) Beat the egg whites until they hold stiff peaks, and then gently fold them into the Mascarpone cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate.
4) Dip half of the sponge fingers into the Irish cream and another half into the espresso.
5) Place them in a single layer on the bottom of the dish.
6) Spread half the mascarpone mixture over the sponge fingers.
7) Repeat step 4 and 5 with the remaining biscuits then lay them on top.
8) Then spread the remaining mascarpone cheese mixture on top of the sponge fingers.