MakMak Macaron



Macaron ~ The Delicate French Invention

Another reason I went to Baffi and Mo for brunch was because I found out that they sell the Mak Mak Macarons. MakMak Macaron is also available for order online through their Facebook. Baffi and Mo is selling them a bit more expensive ($3 each) and they didn't have the complete flavours for me to buy . So, me and my friend decided to make an order online. You get 12 Macarons for $25 and we had them delivered to us for an extra $5. So, me and my friend had six macarons per person.


I'm not usually a big fan of macaron, but when someone says it's better than the one from Adriano Zumbo, I knew I have to give it a try. What I like about their macaron is, it's not overly sweet and the shell is pretty crisp and delicate. I haven't try Adriano Zumbo's macaron should who am I to judge, but MakMak Macaron definitely change my perception towards macaron, I'm starting to like it. Not just because they taste good but I was having so much fun photographing them as well =)



Salted Caramel: It's salty! and I think it tasted abit weird. Apart from beings salty I cant really taste anything else. Don't think I like this one.
Raspberry and cardamom-scented white chocolate 'rice pudding': What a long name for such tiny dessert. But I quite like this one, there's a raspberry jam covering a chewy white chocolate rice pudding in the middle.

Mocha:  This is probably one of  the less sweet one from the bunch with a bittersweet coffee flavour.

Raisin Toast: Love the flavour, I can taste the cinnamon  in it too.

Black Sesame: A perfect black sesame flavoured macaron!

Peppermint & Chocolate: The shell has a noticeable peppermint flavour and it can never go wrong when it's paired with chocolate filling.



I actually prefer to keep them in the fridge before eating it, I like it when the filling becomes a bit more chewy.


Overall, I think it was a great buy!




No comments:

Post a Comment