My brother and his family have moved back to Sydney last week and they are staying at my place temporarily, so my house are pretty happening at the moment, especially with the presence of my niece and nephew. My free time has been pretty much occupied with watching cartoon, story telling, playing toys and of course keeping them out of trouble.
But today, when I came home I found the house empty...Yes!!!...that means few hours of freedom for me! (but don't get me wrong I love having them around but I wouldn't mind a few hours of 'alone time' at home) =p
So today after finished cooking, I watched a bit of TV, then I opened up my laptop, while going through my folders I realised I still have quite a few recipes and restaurants that I could share on my blog. So I picked this super easy recipe to share with you guys today.
I love all kind of mushrooms.... whether is Asian mushroom or Western mushroom, I love all of them! The first time I had the similar King Oyster mushroom was at a Korean stall in a food court. Since then, I've always wanted to cook the same one at home. So, here's my homemade version of Ginger and Shallots King Oyster Mushroom.
Ginger and Shallots King Oyster Mushroom
- 3 king oyster mushrooms (sliced thinly like I have on the picture)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 inch fresh ginger (sliced)
- 2 stalks shallot/spring onions (cut into 2 inch length)
- 1 carrot (sliced thinly)
- Cooking oil
- 1/2 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1/2 - 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 3-4 tbsp water
(You can adjust seasoning according to taste)
1) Heat up the wok with cooking oil. When the oil is hot, add in the garlic, give it a quick stir then add in ginger slices.
2) Stir-fry the ginger until aromatic and add in shallot, then add in carrots.
3) When carrot soften, add in the mushrooms and stir.
4) Add in seasoning and continue stirring until mushroom is cooked.
5) Dish out and serve hot with steamed rice.